3 Costly Misconceptions About Smoke Damage
While no one will argue with the dangers of fire or water damage, one might be inclined to simply shrug her shoulders at the idea of smoke damage. “Just deodorize everything,” may be the response. Unfortunately, this is one of many common misconceptions about smoke and fire damage, three other significant ones are below:
- Smoke damage is not a big deal – In reality, smoke can cause significant damage to a property, in many cases more damage than the fire itself. Depending on what synthetic or natural materials burned, the smoke can be highly corrosive.
- Smoke damage is easily resolved – Unfortunately, smoke exhibits some unique behavior and routinely affects areas that are impossible to see. Improperly handled, very unpleasant odors can persist.
- You can clean up smoke damage whenever – As mentioned in point 1, smoke can be highly corrosive. In fact, waiting to mitigate often results in etching of metals, damage to marble, persistent odor issues and dissatisfied customers.
Immediate restoration services mitigation process can substantially reduce loss costs and the time required to return the property to pre-loss condition. ServiceMaster of Kalamazoo has professional fire restoration services available anytime, day or night, to respond to fire damage claims.
- 10 Awesome Ways to Burn Down your House
- Tips For Staying Fire Safe
- Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
- Fire Cleaning FAQ