Hoarding Specialists at ServiceMaster of Kalamazoo
Interview with Hoarding Specialists of Kalamazoo
What is one important/interesting thing you learned
from the classes?
- “Hoarding is recognized by the ADAA as mental disorder.”-Mike
- “The most important thing we took away from the classes was learning how hoarders think and what it takes to convince them to listen and trust you, so that you can work with them to help them.”-Thad
Will the trained technicians train our crew?
- “We will be teaching our other team members the principles and practices we learned. They will be valuable for all of our projects, not just hoarding
- “We will be teaching everyone on our crew how to work with hoarders and help them to remove clutter and clean their homes.”-Thad
How do you feel your new knowledge and skills will
benefit our community?
- “We will be able to offer a compassionate and professional service to challenging hoarding situations. We will be a resource for family members and community organizations dealing with hoarding.”-Mike
- “Helping others to understand hoarding can be a big help to other organizations and family members when dealing with a hoarder. If those that interact with hoarders had a better understanding, it would make those interactions go a lot better.”-Thad