VCT Floor Cleaning and Maintenance
What is VCT?
VCT – Vinyl Composite Tile.
VCT flooring is very durable and commonly used in businesses. These floors last for numerous years if properly maintained. The importance of having your
VCT properly maintained will increase the appearance and longevity of the tiles.
Following VCT installation
It’s important to note, VCT comes with a protective layer that is only for shipping and installation purposes. The initial, protective layer of VCT does not protect the floor once it is installed. Wait five days for the tiles to settle and the glue to properly cure. After five days, you should have a professional clean the VCT flooring to remove the factory’s protective layer and apply an appropriate amount of protective finish on the floor. *It is important to have protective finish before contents are moved back into the area.
VCT floor cleaning and maintenance
- When cleaning the floors yourself, use a neutral cleaner (PH of 7) for daily maintenance. However, it is still recommended to use a professional cleaner 1-2 times/year.
- Dust breaks down the finish, so it is best to sweep and mop the floor every night (depending on traffic) to ensure your VCT stays in the best condition.
- Remember, having a professional floor cleaner is very different than renting equipment for a do-it-yourself project. ServiceMaster uses precise processes involving the right floor cleaners, the right equipment, and trained technicians.
Reasons to get VCT flooring professionally cleaned
- Flooring is expensive and having it cleaned regularly helps protect your investment.
- When your floor is professionally cleaned, it’s easier to maintain with daily cleanings, such as sweeping or mopping.
- Clean floors delight customers, employees, and clients!
- A fresh look and cleanliness is always a plus in any business.
How much does VCT cleaning typically cost?
It varies depending on the size of the facility, its condition, maintenance programs that have been used, and other factors.
Have a Busy schedule?
We understand you’re busy! We are happy to work around your schedule.
Schedule your floor cleaning today. Call 269.344.3600, or fill out our form.