Strip and Wax Process Explained
Stripping and Waxing VCT Flooring Explained
Everybody enjoys well-kept flooring in their homes or business, however, keeping floors free of scratches and stains can be a difficult task to do alone. The team at ServiceMaster of Kalamazoo are professionals that follow the important steps and techniques, using powerful equipment in order to produce a spotless, protective, and attractive finish to your floors in about 7 hours.
Take a look at our strip and wax procedure. We’ll make your floors shine!
The steps outlined ensure the best result each time:
- Apply the stripper (cleaner that is used in mop bucket)
- Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes (letting dwell: letting the cleaner sit on the floor in order to break down the dirt, grease, and grime)
- Use Roto machine to scrub floors (professional use recommended)
- Edging by hand to miss any hard to reach spots
- Wet vac all stripper
- Neutralize the floor with citric acid base product
- Wet vac the neutralizer
- Mop and wet vac again
- Use air movers to dry floors completely (high efficiency and high power fans low to the floor)
- We dry dust mop the floor
- Apply three layers of finish and we are done! Protecting the floor
The do-it-yourself process is timely, complicated and tricky. If you do not have the proper cleaning mixture you could permanently damage your flooring. The professionals can also identify specific stains and use the best method to remove it. The right equipment can be difficult to handle, so let our team’s experience and skills help you out!
Or call us at (269)344-3600 to set up your strip and wax appointment