Do you enjoy variety and helping people in their time of need? If so, you may be the right person to be a part of the Disaster Restoration Team at ServiceMaster of Kalamazoo. The Disaster Restoration Team is a 24-hour emergency service. The position involves responding to homes or businesses that have had water or fire damage. The work is physical in nature. Currently, the hours are 25-30 per week, with the potential for full-time and advancement. Previous supervisory experience is helpful but not required.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Be Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to be “On Call” a minimum of one night per week and one weekend per month
- Able to lift 50 Pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, pull, push, carry, use stairs, get in and out of vehicles, etc.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Pass Background Check
- Drug Free
- Able to wear a respirator
- Basic Computer Skills
We provide training, uniforms, vehicles, equipment and chemicals to perform the work in a professional manner. The starting pay for this position is between $10 and $12 per hour depending on experience. Pay increase opportunities available based on completed training and certifications.