Professional carpet cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing it. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals. Check out our pricing online to see for yourself!
The amount of time depends on the size of the area cleaned as well as the processes used. Low moisture, portable extraction, and truck-mount extraction are all examples of varying processes that could be used. Our expert technicians can help you pick a process that best meets your needs and schedule.
Possibly. But our team at ServiceMaster will work with your schedule and work around the most convenient time for you and your family. Our technician will let you know the expected dry times to help you plan accordingly.
We recommend using only ServiceMaster Clean products. Every time you have a carpet cleaning performed by us, we will give you a FREE “spotter bottle” of cleaner to use between your cleanings. We give free refills so you never have to worry about purchasing carpet spot removal cleaner from the store again!
We recommend having your carpets professionally cleaned every 6-12 months–depending on traffic. This will keep them looking their best and minimizes the amount of allergen and debris build up in your carpet. The more debris buildup in your carpet means a shorter the lifespan of your carpet. Many carpet manufacturers require professional cleaning to maintain your warranty, so save your cleaning receipts.
Allow a drying time of six to eight hours before you walk on your carpet. It is best to wait two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks.
You may notice a slight scent. This happens when cleaning wool carpets most of all. Typically within an hour, the odor goes away but may vary based on circulation, heat, and humidity. Compared to most our competitors, we do not put soap in our rinse water which allows this scent to be present. Instead, we pre-spray the carpets with our cleaning agent, and then use hot, clear, softened water to extract. Using this method ensures we don’t leave soapy residue behind and also will leave your carpet looking and feeling cleaner much longer.
- Please take down breakable items from the tops of furniture in the rooms we’re cleaning.
- Remove all items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, toys, pet beds, and anything else where you’d like the carpet cleaned underneath of that object. We do not pick up before we start our cleaning process.
- Pre-vacuum all areas you are receiving service in.
If you want the carpet underneath heavy furniture cleaned, we do recommend moving it from the rooms we will be cleaning. We place blocks under lighter items such as coffee tables, end tables, loveseats, chairs (dining room), and small sofas. The furniture we typically clean around include: beds, armoires, large pieces containing china and electronics, exercise equipment, and large or heavy sofas.
- If you can, allow carpets to dry for 8 hours before walking on them. (Walking on them isn’t the worst, but it will flatten the fibers.)
- If you just have to walk on them, wear white cotton socks.
- You can use air movers (high powered fans) to help air circulation–this will speed up drying time.
- If a carpet protector such as Scotchgard was applied, foot traffic should be minimized for up to 24 hours to let product cure.
- Don’t move any furniture back until carpet is completely dry or Scotchgard carpet protector has cured.
- Continue with regular carpet maintenance. Vacuum often (once a day or every three days depending on traffic) and clean up spills immediately.
You can use a kitchen towel and an iron.
*This process is not suitable for carpets made of olefin fiber.
1. Place a damp towel over the carpet dent.
2. Set iron to a medium heat setting.
3. Set iron on the damp towel.
4. Use the steam button and move slightly back and forth.
5. Check the carpet.
6. If ithe dent looks lessened, use your fingers to fluff the carpet.
7. If the dent still needs work, place the warm iron on the damp towel and repeat.